Mark your calendar! Giving Tuesday is Tuesday, November 30, 2021.
As we give thanks this year, let us remember to thank and take care of the men and women who risked their lives to save Jews during the Holocaust – non-Jews who refused to be passive in the face of the evil they witnessed. Now elderly and in financial need, help us to make their Christmas holiday a little brighter. Each December the JFR raises funds to send a special award to our rescuers for the purchase of food at Christmas. Our goal this year is $25,000 – help us reach this goal. Please consider making a gift of $36.00 or more. Click here to donate now.
Last month we sent an email to all Alfred Lerner Fellows with the 2022 Advanced Seminar program, application form, and travel form. Links to these items are below.
Applications for the 2022 JFR Advanced Seminar are now available. The dates of the program are: January 15 – 17, 2022. The venue is the Hilton Newark Airport. The program is set. We are excited about our scholars presenting this year!
At the request of several JFR 2021 Lerner Fellows, the application and travel forms are being done through google forms and the program is in google docs. Thank you to Jill Tejeda for her invaluable help! However, there are some limitations, you are going to have to email Stanlee your Holocaust unit content outline and a copy of your COVID-19 vaccination card.
Please submit your application as soon as possible. As of today, there are 2 spots left in the program. Application and center sign-off should be submitted by Monday, November 22, 2021. Do not send your participant fee until asked. There is a possibility that the program, which is scheduled to be in person, may switch to virtual depending on the State of New Jersey Department of Health and CDC guidelines. If the program goes virtual, the participant fee will be reduced. You will be informed if you are accepted into the program. Applications will be accepted on a first come, first serve basis. Please note, Professor Douglas may participate via Zoom as he is a recipient of the Berlin Prize and he may be in Germany in January 2022.
Since we do not know what January 2022 will bring with respect to COVID-19, we are making the following changes to the Advanced Seminar.
1. The Jewish Foundation for the Righteous (JFR) will adhere to and follow the guidelines of the State of New Jersey and the CDC in regard to social distancing and good public health measures.
2. We will give each participant their own room and the JFR will cover the single supplement for each participant.
3. If required, we will have social distancing. As of now, we plan on accepting 21 participants into the program. This number does not include three JFR staff and board members. We are planning on using two sections of the Grand Ballroom at the Hilton Newark Airport enabling everyone to be spaced out.
4. If required, we will ask all participants to wear masks.
5. We are working with the Hilton Newark Airport staff to see how we are going to handle meals if there is another COVID surge. There will probably be a change in how breakfast and breaks are served.
6. We urge participants not to make plane reservations until December 2021. If you need to make plane reservations earlier, either purchase trip insurance that covers cancellation due to COVID or confirm with the airline that you will be able to change your reservation due to COVID without incurring a fee.
7. We are requiring that all participants provide proof of vaccination.
If you are interested in attending, please complete your application (see link below) and email the required attachments – Holocaust unit content outline and COVID-19 vaccination card – to me at [email protected].
Looking forward to seeing you in January 2022!
Click here for the program.
Click here for the application.
Click here for the travel form.
The JFR is pleased to be part of the Combined Federal Campaign (CFC) this year. The CFC is the Federal government’s workplace charity campaign and covers all civilian, postal, and military employees. The CFC’s campaign season is September 1st through January 15, 2022. If you know of someone who works for the Federal government, the U.S. military, or the U.S. Postal Service, please ask them to consider selecting the JFR as the recipient of their gift. The JFR’s CFC number 10744.