Dr. Steven P. Field lecturing on Nazism in Power – Medicine During the Third Reich at the 2017 JFR Summer Institute for Teachers.
Dr. Steven P. Field is an attending physician as well as the former chair of the Ethics Committee at Tisch Hospital-NYU Langone Medical Center and current clinical ethics consultant at NYU-Langone Health. Dr. Field received his BA in history from Yale University and his MD from New York University School of Medicine. His specialty is gastroenterology. Dr. Field is also on the Board of Trustees of The Jewish Foundation for the Righteous.
- Field SP, Sachar DB, Childs CC, et al. Steroid-responsive dysphagia: ac clue to the diagnosis of esophageal lymphoma. Mt Sinai J Med 1984; 51:451-54.
- Meyers S, Wolke A, Field, SP, et al. Fecal alpha-1-antitrypsin measurement: an indicator of Crohn’s disease activity. Gastroenterol 1985; 89: 13-18.
- Cohen LB, Wolke AM, Field SP, et al. The superior mesenteric artery syndrome: the disease that isn’t, or is it? J Clin Gastro 1985; 7:113-16.
- Cohen LB, Wolke AM, Field SP, Ambinder EP, and Schaffner F. The role of plasmapheresis in primary biliary cirrhosis. Gut 1985; 26: 291-94.
- Ambinder EP, Cohen LB, Field SP, Wolke AM, Adelsberg B, Zaroulis C, and Schaffner, F. Chronic plasmapheresis as an immunotherapeutic modality in patients with primary biliary cirrhosis. J Clin Apheresis 1985; 2: 219-25.
- Field SP and Sachar DB. The immunology of pernicious anemia. In: Kirsner J and Shorter R (eds) Gastrointestinal Immunology for the Clinician. Orlando, Florida: Grune and Stratton, 1985.
- Weintraub H, Field SP, Hymes, KB, Newman CB, and Kleinberg DE. Perioperative medical evaluation of neurosurgical patients. In Tindall GT, Cooper PR, and Barrow DC (eds)The Practice of Neurosurgery. Baltimore: Williams and Wilkins, 1996; 251-269.
- Field SP and Lewis S. Intestinal and peritoneal tuberculosis. In: Rom WN and Garay SM (eds) Boston, Little, Brown, and Company, 2004; 523-535.
- Field, S. The scientific art of medical practice. In: Madrid M (ed). Patterns of Rogerian knowing. New York: National League for Nursing Press, 1997; 267-284.